Hi, everyone! It’s been FOREVER since I’ve blogged. Life has been a bit nuts–like whoa–and the first thing to slide for me is always my blog. But I’m back! Slowly but surely fighting my way out of the weeds.
It’s way past time for an UPDATE. So, without further ado, my Friday Five:
1. Some of you might have noticed that I delayed a book again. OY! I was basically done with Off Planet, but delayed it a little bit so that I could have more marketing opportunities. It was getting down to the wire and I just needed a few more weeks to make it perfect. But OMG, y’all. I CANNOT wait to share it with you. So excited!
I think it might be the best thing I’ve written. The whole series will be four books, so it won’t be ongoing like the Alpha Girl series. Which means I’ll be sad when it’s done, but until then, it’s going to be a crazy ride!
2. I’m currently working away on Being Alpha and LOVING IT. I don’t know how to describe writing in Tessa’s voice again. Honestly, I’d gotten a bit burned out with her POV–which was why I wrote Claudia’s and Meredith’s books. I wanted to make sure the Tessa books stayed fresh, and sometimes that means a little break is needed.
You see, I wrote what eventually beacame Becoming Alpha while working on my MFA. It was my thesis novel requirement for graduation. Which meant I wrote and rewrote and rewrote it for two years, then when I was getting ready to publish it, I started rewriting it again… So, by the time it came out, I’d been working on it for a good FIVE years. Then, I wrote three more books in her POV. After Alpha Unleashed, I wasn’t sure if I’d go back to Tessa. Buuuuuuut then she started getting loud in my head again. Which makes me sound crazy, but there it is.
I plotted Being Alpha for a few weeks before I started writing, but I wasn’t sure I had hit the real conflict for her. Yesterday, I was writing and BAM. Tessa did something I totally wasn’t expecting or planning. There I was, typing along, and all of a sudden I had to stop. Put down my laptop. I was all…
Like seriously, Tessa! What did you just say?!
When your characters come alive, it’s one of the best feelings, but also the weirdest. And while I was nervous that I wasn’t going to be ready for another Tessa book, now I can’t type fast enough. It kind of feels like coming home, and it’s making me remember how much I love writing and the magic that comes with a first draft.
3. Which reminds me–Lola, Dani and I have started a facebook group for Ink Monster Superfans! As I write, I’m going to be giving exclusive insights to Being Alpha and everything else that I’m working on in there.
Yes! You read that right. I posted last week a behind the scenes pic–the list I made for myself when I was revising Shattered Pack. Today, I’m going to post something about Being Alpha. So don’t miss out! Click here to join the group page!
4. Y’all, I just moved, and I have to say that I’m fully wiped out!
Jeremy (my hubby) ended up changing jobs this summer. I’m SO freaking proud of him and everything he’s accomplished, but the commute to our old house to his new job was a beast. So when we got back from our summer vaction, we moved to central LA. And while the move nearly killed me with all the exaustion and stress, plus a few back-to-back illnesses, I’m really loving the new house. The only thing is, my office is a total WIP. We’re converting the garage into my office, and it’s going to be a few weeks before shelves are in, which means I’m still in boxes out there. YIKES! It’s driving me a little crazy, but I’ll post pics when it’s all done. It’s going to be awesome. And finished just in time for Lola to come housesit for me!
We’re heading to Vancouver in January for Jeremy’s first movie with the new studio. We’ll be gone for a little more than three months, which isn’t a big deal at all, but still… Mama is tired!
But if any of y’all are from the Vancouver area and have any tips, I’m all ears! I’ve never been before and excited for our next adventure… Or I will be after a little more sleep. 😉
5. I’d love to give a big shout out to all the mom’s out there! This whole mom thing is no joke. (See above. #mamaistired Ha!)
Now I’m off to get some writing done before my toddler wakes up from her nap! Can’t wait to see what Tessa’s got in store for me today! #ilovemyjob
Have an awesome weekend, y’all! Big hugs.