Hello, ladies and gents. In case you didn’t already know, it’s Friday. Also known as the best day of the week, not counting the weekends, because let’s face it, no weekday could ever hope to live up to Saturday. Or Sunday a.k.a. Lazy Latcham Day.
My week has been a little crazed, but here are a few things on my mind as I head into the most awesome days of the week—a.k.a the WEEKEND! So without further ado, my Happy Friday, Happy Girl list.
1. I went to RWA (Romance Writers of America National Convention in Atlanta) last week. While there, I got to gab with some kick ass ladies that really know their writing. And I got to listen Kristan Higgins talk during one of the luncheons. This lady had me laughing and crying and feeling rejuvenated about writing in general. She’s awesome. She also gave out two of her books. I read them on the plane. I have since read two more. I’m addicted. It’s kind of turning into a thing. Now, there’s no ass kicking going on in her books, but her protags are awesome. If you’re looking for a sweet romance, you can’t go wrong with her. This is the next one I’m reading:
2. I went to SDCC (San Diego Comic-Con) last weekend, and I’m currently having nerd withdrawals.
3. I’ve been weaning myself from Diet Coke this week. Because well…it’s bad for you. It’s hard. Withdrawals suck. Double withdrawals double-suck. Also, I’m grateful I never went on anything harder than Diet Coke. o.O
4. I saw The Conjuring on Wednesday night.
This may have been a mistake as I haven’t been able to sleep since. (On a side note, watching a super scary movie the week that you’re quitting Diet Coke might not be the smartest move. You’re gonna need that caffeine to keep you going…but must resist.) Y’all, it’s 85% Fresh on the Tomatometer, which is totally respectable, but it’s being robbed. It’s amazing. And terrifying. And a true story. Which makes it all that much worse. If you’re looking for a movie to go and see, and don’t mind getting the crap scared out of you, I highly recommend. And if you’re looking for a movie to see this weekend, but can’t stomach the scary (No judging here. This girl is STILL sleeping with her nightlight on. Did I mention that it’s terrifying?), The Way Way Back is amazing.
5. One would think that living in LA would mean that you go to the beach all the time. This is sadly not the case. But this weekend, I am. (Huzzah!) My family has a beach date! My siblings, their significant others (husband/girlfriend/whathaveyou), my niece, my nephew, and the Latchams (that means me and Le Hubby) are all going to spend the afternoon at the beach. I’m planning on building some sandcastles with my two year old cutiepie (niece). Can’t wait.
Hope you all have a fantastic weekend. Happy Friday, y’all!